SECOND QUARTER REPORT
For the Period
April 1 – June 30, 2021
Accomplishments and Notifications
- The number of patients treated at the clinic increased from 95 during Quarter 1 to 144 during Quarter 2. The number of medical treatments provided increased from 121 to 160. Quarter 2 being the rainy season, malaria cases increased from 38 to 53. Other treatments were given for pelvic inflammation disease (2); peptic ulcer disease (15); heart disease (12); respiratory infection (7); urinary tract infection (10); other illnesses (58); injuries (3).
- Twenty-seven inpatients were treated compared to seven in Quarter 1.
- The first child was born at Pius Health Clinic during Quarter 2!
- Two children’s vaccination days were held during Quarter 2.
- Four critical condition patients were received, treated, or referred to hospital.
- Dr. Soita was absent briefly during June.
- Nurse/Midwife Jalia Namutosi and Lab Technician/Nurse’s Assistant Betty Nakirya continued to provide high quality health services most admirably during Dr. Soita’s absence.
- Professional embroidered medical smocks and nurse uniforms were purchased and provided to the staff.
- On May 27, 2021, Pius Health Clinic Uganda Charity (PHCUC) was approved as a 501(c)(3) IRS federal tax-exempt charity with an effective date of January 1, 2021.
- On June 30, 2021, an application for a Not-for-Profit City of Fayetteville Occupational Tax Permit (Business License) was submitted, awaiting approval.
- In June 2001 Pius Health Clinic Uganda Charity, Ltd. was listed on GoFundMe and may be found at this link: https://www.gofundme.com/manage/pius-health-clinic-uganda-charity.
- Also in June 2021, PHCUC was listed on GreatNonprofits at this link: https://greatnonprofits.org/org/pius-health-clinic-uganda-charity-ltd
Immy Rose Lassiter/Jim Lassiter
Administrators, Pius Health Clinic