FIRST QUARTER REPORT 2022
For the Period
January 1 – March 31, 2022
- During the First Quarter of 2022, January 1 – March 31, 2022, 270 patients were treated at PHC: 171 Females; 99 Males. There were 233 outpatients and 37 inpatients. Three babies were delivered at PHC! Illnesses and injuries treated during the quarter totaled 290. Two village home visits were made by the medical staff.
- Construction of the new Atlanta Wing began in November 2021 and was completed in March of this year. AW has a 4-bed women’s ward, a 2-bed men’s ward, a one-bed maternity room, a minor surgery room, a kitchen, and a medical storeroom. See photos below.
- A concrete paver courtyard was installed connecting the main reception building, Atlanta Wing, the lab, and the new laundry area. Paver sidewalks were also installed connecting the main reception building, the Atlanta Wing, and the latrines.
- A brick stormwater barrier wall was erected on the eastern border of the clinic property and a second large rainwater catchment tank was purchased and installed next to Atlanta Wing.
- Ceramic tiling was completed in the Atlanta Wing, the lab, the main reception building, and the latrines. Privacy screens were made locally and placed in the women’s and men’s ward.
- Cabinets were locally made and placed in the medical storeroom, the surgery, the maternity room, and the lab.
During this quarter, capital improvement - constructing the Atlanta Wing, buying and installing water tanks, interior tiles, a paved courtyard and sidewalks, and the purchasing of furniture and equipment locally - has come to an end. No further expansion of the clinic is anticipated. Focus will now shift to further improving clinic procedures and achieving full not-for-profit operations based solely on PHC Uganda Charity contributions.
Donations are Now Being Accepted
Pius Health Clinic can only continue as a not-for-profit health facility affordable to the villagers it serves if you continue to help with financial assistance. Immy Rose and I continue to pay monthly staff salaries and have financed over half of all capital improvements. Your contributions are used to cover the remainder of the capital improvement costs and all other clinic operating costs including the purchasing of medicines and medical care items that PHC staff provide to the patients as cost.
If you have not already sent your federal tax-exempt monthly and/or annual financial contribution, please do so now. Please be as generous as possible. New donation contributors are welcome. Mail your check payable to Pius Health Clinic Uganda Charity to:
Pius Health Clinic Uganda Charity
C/O Immy Rose & Jim Lassiter
205 Heritage Lake Drive
Fayetteville GA, 30214-7347
SIGNED: DATE: May 17, 2022
Jim & Immy Rose Lassiter